The Rubinius team is proud to announce the availability of 1.2.2.
1.2.2 is a bugfix release for 1.2.1. It contains a security fix, a few highly
visible bugfixes, a few platform and performance changes.
Rubinius is a high performance environment for running code written in the
Ruby programming language. It provides a number of virtual machine features
found in other popular language runtimes such as generational garbage
collection, Just-In-Time compilation, and compatibility with existing C APIs.
- Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
- Commits: 44
- Days since last release: 7
- Issues fixed: 6 since 1.2.1
- Brian Ford
- Evan Phoenix
- Dirkjan Bussink
- Jeremy Evans
- Mikko Perttunen
- Wayne E. Seguin
- 7cbb344 Use coersion if possible in StringScanner. Fixes #696
- 94b1db0 Fix memory leak in BERT. Fixes #699
- c38052b Deal with gentoo/linux .so craziness. Fixes #698
- 93e172e Fix crash bug in syck. Fixes #690
- 2aec333 Properly manipulate the GIL around FFI calls (cremes). Fixes #688
- 246963a Allow for defining attribute methods on an immediate. Fixes #694
- Updated fileutils.rb to MRI 1.8.7p334 to fix security issue.
- (CRASH) Allow a CM to have no ConstantScope (alexsuraci)
- (CRASH) Update the current call_frame when waiting on the GIL.
- (CRITICAL) Enforce compiler signature check (and install the signature).
- Fix EBADF errors by being more careful with fd’s and IO objects
- Ignore spurious wakeups in Thread#join
- Fixed Kernel#private_methods, #public_methods.
- Fixed Kernel#singleton_methods.
- Fix object_id collision between two immediates if a shift would overflow
- Fail out of configure with better info on what happened
- Update rb-readline to 4610e69.
- Fixed issue installing over previous install.
- Rescue all lowlevel errors (OpenBSD raises EPERM sometimes)
- Fix build on OpenBSD
- Introduce object_instance_of primitive to speed up type checks
- Parse -X options from RBXOPT environment variable.
- Default rbc.db to ./.rbx.
- Updated how-to/write-a-blog-post/ en doc.